I use a lot of different tools and invest a lot of time in research when carrying out online
marketing campaigns whether they are for clients or personal projects. I thought my regular readers might find this page of interest to discover more about the way I work, what I am using and how you can use it too. All of the stuff I recommend below I have used and continue to use, I will update this page regularly.
If you have a resource you would like me to review please feel free to contact me.
Please be aware that some of the links below are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase. I have highlighted these with an asterisk (*) so that you know which ones they are.
There is no extra cost to you for buying any courses or tools I recommend should you decide to use these affiliate links.
- Raven Tools*: There are so many great features in Raven, that you will no doubt be spoilt for choice. The client reporting is brilliant and has saved me hours every month.
- Advanced Web Ranking*: Having used Advanced Web Ranking and various other rank tracking tools for years, I have to say that AWR is the best rank tracking software on the market today.
- Link Club: Do you want fresh link building opportunities delivered to your inbox every month? I’ve teamed up with some great link builders to provide expert link building advice at very affordable prices.
- Point Blank SEO Link Building Course*: Whether you’re a beginner or an expert link builder, this extensive guide from Jon Cooper will certainly come in handy; you can read my review of the course here
- Scrapebox: as a regular and long term user of Scrapebox this is one of the most powerful tools in your SEO arsenal to be able to scale your link prospecting.
- Free SEO Tools: this is a list of a few dozen free or freemium SEO and social media tools that you can use to kickstart your next SEO campaign
- Long Tail Pro*: is a powerful keyword research tool that enables you to find long tail keywords with high search volume that you can rank for in Google.
- Google Adwords Tool: a free tool from Google to help you research and select keywords for an SEO campaign.
- UberSuggest:a popular tool with SEO and PPC experts that pulls data from Google suggest to help you find new content ideas and keywords for your projects.
- Nick Eubanks Keyword Research Book*:this has to be the most comprehensive keyword research book I have ever read. At $37 it’s a steal, with lifetime free updates.
- WordPress: I have used WordPress for over 6 years and it is my CMS of choice when setting up niche websites.
- Hostgator*: Most affordable and reliable WordPress hosting service I have come across for my niche sites (and I have tried more than my fair share). Hostgator offer a 45 day money back guarantee, free backups and awesome 24/7 support from guys that really know what they’re talking about.
- Yoast SEO: If you don’t use Yoast to setup your blog for SEO success then you’re not doing it right I’m afraid.
- 48HoursLogo*: Get 20+ logo concepts for just $29. You pick the winner! 48HoursLogo is a great place to crowdsource designs for your project at affordable prices.
- Write Like Freddy*: Danny Iny’s writing and guest blogging course is an excellent way to find your own style that works well, works fast, and works every time — for you.
- How to Speed Up Your WordPress Blog: In this article you will find a wide range of tips and plugins that you can use right away to make significant improvements to your site speed.
- My WordPress SEO Guide: out of the box WordPress is a very powerful CMS however there are a few tweaks you should make to improve the On Page SEO potential.
Advertising & Affiliates
- Clickbank: is a great network, with a simple and easy to use system, a vast array of products. It is very easy to sign up and offers good support.
- Skimlinks: have over 18,000 online merchants who’s products you can link to and earn money from selling on your site. They have have a low minimum payment threshold and a quick and easy signup process.